Veterinary Expense for Your Yorkie Poo Puppy's First Year.
A few days after bringing home a new puppy, a vet visit should be scheduled. The pricing at each vet offices may vary but not significantly. The following are an approximation of what each examination, vaccination, etc. may cost:
First veterinarian visit:
- Bordetella (Given to your puppy if you are planning on doing some boarding. $10.50
- Canine Rabies. $10.25
- DHLP-Parvo-Corona Vaccination Puppy. $15.00
- Puppy Exam #1. $29.00
- Fecal Test. $15.00
- Albon Suspension. $10.21
Your puppy will be scheduled to come back three weeks later to have the following done.
Second veterinarian visit:
- Puppy Exam #2. $29.00
- DHLP-Parvo-Corona Vaccination. $15.00
Each veterinarian may vary on what they think is necessary for your puppy as far as exams and vaccinations go. The following is a list of exams and vaccinations for the rest of the first year.
- 6 months, Parvovirus Vaccine, $5.00.
- 11 months, Distemper Combo with Parvo and C, $15.00.
- 12 months, Fecal Test, Canine Rabies, Heart worm Exam K-9, $30.00.
After the first year of having your puppy home, your puppy will have to visit the vet at least a couple times a year for the following:
- Canine Rabies
- Fecal Test
- Distemper Combo with Parvo and C
- Annual Vaccination Exam
- Heartworm Exam K-9
- Interceptor 5.75mg Pack
Your veterinarians office will let you know when your puppy is due for a visit. Maintaining your scheduled vet visits is imperative to keep your dog in good health. Depending on where you live, your Yorkie Poo vet expenses could be more than this.