A Yorkie Poo is what a mixed breed dog between Yorkshire Terrier (regular size or a toy Yorkie) and Poodle (usually the toy or miniature Poodle).
Yorkie Poo dogs come from two beautiful breeds that form a very unique breed. Following are description of the two dog breeds.
- Height: Up to 10 in.
- Weight: Less than 10 lbs.
- Color: Steel blue with tan.
- Coat: Long and silky, doesn't shed too much but needs daily brushing.
- Personality: Can be snappish but known for cleverness and hardiness. They can bark a lot.
Poodle (Toy and Miniature):
- Height: Up to 10 in. toy, up to 15 in. miniature.
- Weight: Less than 10 lbs., Less than 20 lbs.
- Color: Cream, gray, silver, brown, black, white, apricot, and blue.
- Coat: Low shedding, thick curly, and needs weekly brushing.
- Personality: Very easy to train, can bark a lot, be demanding and also snappish.
- A Yorkiepoo can get most of the genes from the Yorkshire Terrier side or from the Poodle side, or could be half and half. Therefore, personalities and behavior at first may be unpredictable.
Some Yorkiepoo's are born with only one color, and others are with mixed colors. Please see our Yorkie Poo pictures page for many examples. Height and weight can vary between the Poodle and Yorkshire Terrier's height.
Yorkiepoo's for the most part are clever and easy to train. They are affectionate and always want to be close to their owner. They can get along with most dogs, are good with children and are easy to take care of. They can also be very demanding of what they want and of your attention but they listen very well. They are low hair shedders but need brushing at least a few times a week.